Segal Integrated Platform ATS (Advanced Telecom Solution) which integrates different applications and services focuses on supply chain management. It uses the idea of system integration to create an environment for telecom engineers. This integrated platform tries to create an environment in which engineers can:
- Data integration: Ensure that they are using the same datasets and can share information. Data management with metadata information and versioning ensures the data is kept consistent.
- Integrate many kinds of applications (independent from platform, programming language or resource) so they can be bound together in workflows and processes to work in conjunction. The different interfaces are hidden by the usage of a uniform interface in the integration platform (Process Integration).
- Collaborate between distributed and scattered applications and engineers over the network.
Interoperability between different operating systems and programming languages by the use of similar interfaces.
- Take security considerations into account so that, for example, data is shared only with the right resources.
- Visual guidance by interactive user interfaces and a common facade for all integrated applications.